Have you ever had one of those days where things happen and you're convinced that a high-energy TV show host is going to pop out of nowhere and say, "Smile! You're on Candid Camera!"? Katelyn and I had one of those days last week but you won't find us on national TV... we certainly learned a valuable lesson though!
While waiting for our tires to get rotated at Costco (apparently a 2 hour job... I was expecting 30 minutes tops), we were shopping at Marshalls. Katelyn started to squirm in her stroller, so I lifted her out to find her entire back soaked. Although it was pretty hot that day, this wasn't sweat, folks. We're talking major diaper blowout. "Okay, no big deal, I'll just change her into the extra onesie I have in the diaper bag," I thought. "Oh wait, I just took that onesie out yesterday thinking 'Oh, I haven't needed this yet, I'll just take it out"... Murphy's Law. Well, at least we were in Marshalls, so we went to pick out and buy a new outfit. Once purchased, I made my way back to the bathroom... no changing table, so Katelyn got to enjoy the scenery between two sinks and right under the soap dispenser. Nice. She kept her cool and didn't mind a bit, although I have to admit I was a little tense.
I got her changed and thankfully had a blanket to set in her stroller seat. We made our way back to Costco and while playing with Katelyn (in the food court area, mind you) I noticed a huge glob of "you know what" in her hair from when I took her dirty clothes off. Awesome. My child has been bouncing around for half an hour with poo in her hair. Mom of the Year award, here I come! Anyway, lesson learned... don't leave home without an extra outfit in the diaper bag!!
Here's Katelyn sporting her new outfit from Marshalls...
4 comments:
What a humorous story!! Nothing worse than not having an extra onsie on hand when you need it! Oh well, you got a VERY CUTE outfit out of the situation!! NICE!
Katelyn, Did you plan that blow out so you could get a new outfit?! What a sneaky girl!
That is hilarious!! At least you were in a clothing store :-)
OMG Missy. This is something that WILL happen to me someday too. Your life is never short of adventures, but it's your positive attitude that makes all the stories so light-hearted and hilarious. I am so proud of the mom that you are:)
Post a Comment