What's up, fam and friends?! It's Kendall taking over the blog for this post because I've been wanting to work on my typing skills. On the 7th of March, I turned 7 months old! How's that for a golden birthday? And for such an occasion, I busted out my sweetest mug...
So, you may have heard that my parents are trying to feed me "stuff on a spoon" - I don't really dig it. I usually spit it out and sometimes gag, but they keep trying. And my parents and sister erupt in cheers whenever any of it lands in my mouth. I don't get it, but their cheers make me smile! Tonight I actually did eat about 5 spoonfuls of sweet potatoes. First I stick my tongue out for a teeny, tiny taste, and once I approve of the stuff, then I open a little wider for an actual bite. I've never seen my parents cheer so loud. You would've thought I won an Oscar.
I was giving my mom a run for her money there in the sleep department for a solid month. I would wake up several times a night and couldn't fall back asleep without her, so neither of us were getting sound sleep. I've since learned to fall back asleep on my own (yay!), so it's been a welcome change for both of us. I usually go to bed by 7 pm and wake up around 7 am. I take a couple naps a day too. My favorite sleeping position is on my left side with my hands up by my face. Ahh, I love my zzz's. I feel like I can conquer the world when I wake up.
I'm super jazzed because I've caught on to a few things this past month. I can finally save myself from being stuck on my tummy; I learned how to roll from my tummy to my back and I like to do it all the time. My favorite activity these days is just roll and roll and roll all over the room. (I've even ended up under the bed a couple times - doh!)
I'm also sitting up! Sometimes if I get excited about a toy I see, I'll arch my back and fall backwards or topple over (see picture below), but I'm sitting for longer and longer stretches. It's fun! I feel like such a big girl. On a related note, I can't stand this (Bumbo) seat that my mom puts me in sometimes - I feel trapped and cry to be set free!
My shirt says I'm 7 months, but the tags in my clothes say 12 months. I must be advanced.
I love to play in my "office" (Exersaucer) and also enjoy sitting and playing with pretend food from the play kitchen. My mom laughs because I put everything in my mouth (toys, fake food, my hands, my feet), everything except actual food! I drool a lot and chew on things to ease my sore gums, but don't have any teeth yet. My sister loves to pretend to touch my gums and announce, "Nope, no teeth yet!" Some day (soon) I'll surprise her.
Speaking of Katelyn, one of my all-time favorite things to do is just watch her. I'm fascinated by almost everything she does - especially her dance moves. When she interacts with me - which is becoming a lot more frequent - I can't help but smile! She's also responsible for my biggest belly laughs!
I love baths! Whenever I sense that a bath is coming, I can't contain my excitement. I bounce up and down, kick my legs, and squeal with glee. I've seen my dad react this way to his first cup of coffee in the morning, so I think I learned that from him.
Speaking of my favorite guy, when he comes home after work, my sister and I go nuts! We both smile and do a happy dance (come to think of it, my mom does too). What a welcome home committee we must be!
I'm not saying any specific words yet, but I love exploring my voice and all that it's capable of - squealing, singing, giggling, and shouting. And I love it when people talk to me - it makes me happy and a smile usually sweeps across my face.
I explore things by scratching them. It's like scratch and sniff, but without the sniff part. I may or may not have a history of leaving claw marks on my mom! I think I'm a tactile learner.
Thanks for reading! And who knows, maybe I'll get promoted to be a regular columnist here - my writing skills have really come along in the last 7 months. Love to you all!




3 comments:
Oh, Kendall Jean, what a super sweet 7-month old you are! We always wonder what you're thinking when you look at everything so intently, and now we know! ;) Papa and I clapped here in Iowa when we heard you actually ate some food from a spoon!! Yay!! You are so adorable, and we couldn't love you more!
Oh my gosh, I'm so glad we have a play date this week because Kendall is soooooo big!!! I haven't seen you all in forever. I need to get me some Kendall snuggles!!! She is just the cutest little girl. Can't wait to see you!
Erik would scratch everything too! It was adorable.
Kendall, you're an excellent writer --- just like your mommy!! :-) Happy 7 month birthday! !
Post a Comment