Saturday, March 2, 2013

Katelyn or Kendall?

Having two kids, it's fun to see the ways in which they look similar at the same stages. And while our girls appear to be opposites at first glance - brown eyes, dark hair and blue eyes, blonde hair - we do see some similar expressions and features. Do you agree? See what you think of these comparison photos - Katelyn is included first, followed by Kendall in each set.

Matching lids at just a day old...



A couple days old...



Snuggling with Daddy (look at those chunky cheeks and lips - on the girls, not Michael!)...



Snoozing with Mama at 10 days old...



Skol! Vikings cheerleaders (Katelyn at 7 months, Kendall at 5 months)...


Mommy and her girls...



Sitting in the Bumbo chair (and wearing the same onesie! Not planned.)



Hanging out with Daddy (and his crazy hair!) Katelyn at 4 months, Kendall at 6 months...


Four big, bright eyes lookin' at ya...



Big smiles all around...



5 months old. Those tongues!


Can you tell these girls love their daddy???



Chillaxin' at 5 months old...


And just for giggles, here are a couple throwback pictures of me and Michael circa 1982/1980. Kendall and I seem to have the same chubby cheekers and blonde locks.



Michael and Katelyn have those dark brown eyes and similar oval head shapes. (Is it just me or do their foreheads match, too?!)




Wasn't that fun?! Looking through a bunch of old photos of Katelyn and some from Kendall's early days reminded me (yet again) of just how fleeting these weeks, months, and years (!) can be. I'm sure glad pictures allow us to capture these little moments in time. They're priceless.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Missy, this is an adorable post!!! Great job collecting all those pics...I'm sure it look a bit of time!! I can't get over Kendall's blue eyes. They are so striking! I agree, they are similar and then so different. It will be neat to see how Kendall changes as she grows. Oh, and I love how they both stick out their tongues!!! They are just precious. I miss you and family!!!!

Xoxo,
Shell

Kathy said...

Definitely sisters and definitely similarities even though they each have their own unique traits, behaviors and qualities! It's so fun for us to watch them grow and develop and for us to be involved in their lives! We love you all!

Cindy said...

Luv the pics!! Such preciousness!!