Ever have those meals where your pantry is sparse that you decide to make a casserole (or "hot dish" as Minnesotans say) out of whatever sounds like it may remotely go well together? We've been having some of those dinners lately. Oops. And apparently the theme is working its way to our blog too. A little of this, a little of that, add in some spice, a lot of good times, and voila! Welcome to our Hodgepodge Hot Dish of a post!
With January-like temps lately, we've been bakingand eating cookies to keep warm. And we also wear prom dresses while preparing said cookies...

May I have this dance? We've been doing more ballet-style dances than our traditional jump-kick-twirl jazz dances. And these flip-flops are Katelyn's "pointe shoes." Pretty obvious ;)
Kendall and Daddy enjoying the dance performance...

Kendall logged a couple milliseconds of independent standing the other day...
And lastly, some quotes from Katelyn. Quite obviously, she keeps us smiling with her interpretations of the world around her!
With January-like temps lately, we've been baking
We've been practicing our bowling and also introducing Kendall to the game...
She smiled whenever we cheered for knocking over some pins.

This is a serious game of bowling. Requires lots of hustle...
May I have this dance? We've been doing more ballet-style dances than our traditional jump-kick-twirl jazz dances. And these flip-flops are Katelyn's "pointe shoes." Pretty obvious ;)
Kendall and Daddy enjoying the dance performance...
Katelyn loves to hug Kendall. Aww, makes my heart smile!
Full hands = full heart!! Here's the proof...
Did you ever watch Tool Time with Tim Allen back in the 90's? Remember Tim's neighbor? The guy whose face was never shown because the fence was in the way? I give you Exhibit A...
Kendall logged a couple milliseconds of independent standing the other day...
Yay, Kendall!
And lastly, some quotes from Katelyn. Quite obviously, she keeps us smiling with her interpretations of the world around her!
Dad: "Why are you taking off your PJ's?"
Kate: "Because it's my life." (said in a very cavalier tone. That scares me! 3 going on 13?!)
After I returned from the chiropractor... Kate asked, "Did you go to the helicopter?"
When loading Kendall in and out of the car, I always ask Katelyn to stay on the sidewalk nearby because it's safe from cars. The other day she said, "I'm going to stand right here on the safe walk until you get Kendall out of the car."
While playing dentist, I asked Kate if she had to go to any special schooling to become a DDS. "Yes, I did. I went to kindergarten."
You know how many words sound similar to the toddler ear? A couple that Kate gets mixed up are forgetful and agreeable. A few times, she's said, "I'm kind of agreeable lately. I forget things sometimes." At least we can agree that she's perhaps a bit forgetful!
Sitting on the potty, she had this thought and announced: "Maybe when I get bigger, I can wipe your bottom, Mommy?" Oh. Wait, what? Oh my. No words. Just none.
Katelyn has coined a term all her own that makes us smile. A combo between "last night/last week" and "yesterday," the word is "lasterday." Example, "I will wear my pink leotard to dance class today because lasterday I wore my black one" or "Are we going to Costco again like lasterday?"
During grace before lunch, "Dear Jesus, thank you for my life and for Kendall and these beautiful eyes" (with her hand showcasing Kendall's peepers a la Vanna White). ♥♥♥




2 comments:
Oh my gosh, I love those Katelyn quotes -- especially lasterday!! Hilarious! Little Kendall, you've changed so much since we've seen you! And What .... you're trying to stand now!! Such a big girl already!
Such cutie pies! Kendall, you are too funny being "Wilson" behind Daddy's head and what a precious smile watching Sis bowl. Katelyn, you say the most comical things and your prayers are always so sweet. Can't wait to see you for EASTER!!
Post a Comment