Monday, May 9, 2011

Mama's Day and Fun with Friends

We had a great weekend highlighted by Mother's Day fun, our first dinner guests at the new house, and lots of fresh air and sunshine! Here are some pictures of the weekend.

 Mother's Day morning, Michael got up with Katelyn at 6 am (her normal rise-n-shine time - even on the weekends, much to our dismay!) And I got to sleep in. It. Was. Awesome. With our favorite coffee drinks in hand, we started the morning with a trip to the nearby park.



It's up for debate, so what do you think? Who had more fun at the park, Michael...


or Katelyn...


After the park, we went to church, had lunch at a favorite spot, followed by a stop at our favorite chocolate shop, and came home for naps (yes, plural, as in Katelyn and me :). It was a wonderful Mother's Day and I'm so thankful for this little girl who calls me "mama."


And I have to say, I feel so fortunate to have had an amazing role model for this whole motherhood thing...


And thanks to Mom Debbie for her selfless love and unending generosity too...


We love you, Moms!! I salute moms everywhere! Hearts made of pure gold, bursting with love, and never without a Kleenex or Band-Aid to make it all better. 

~~~

Here are some photos of Friday night. Katelyn is gaining speed these days and likes running all around. When we chase her, she bolts in the other direction...


Daddy and daughter in their matching colors :)


Our friends Shelly and Matt stopped by on Friday night and it turned into an impromptu dinner party - a perfect way to ring in our first official weekend in our new house!

Aren't Shelly and Tripp adorable? Don't let Tripp's tough-guy mohawk fool you - this boy is as sweet and cuddly as they come :)


Here is Erik on the swing being pushed by big bro Dane.


Time for a group shot (not bad for using the timer function, huh?!)


Cheers!!


Good buddies: Michael and Matt (they used to work together at Target)


Erik and Katelyn are 9 months apart (Erik's older), but they're very similar in size and they are cute as can be when cuddled up side-by-side :)


Here they are "hugging" :) Awww!


We've been spoiled this week with many friends stopping by with treats, meals, and other housewarming gifts. We are in awe of the generosity of others - thank you one and all! Bit by bit it's starting to feel like home - especially with the chocolate chip cookies and caramel bars close at hand ;) 

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Awww what a sweet post. 'Preciate your kind words, Miss. :) Katelyn, you are looking more and more like a toddler each day, especially when you run around outside! By the way, I love your "water fountain" pony tail!

Matt said...

Happy Mother's Day, Missy!! You are an amazing mom and I love sharing in this journey with you!!

I love all the pics from our impromptu dinner party!! What a fun night, and I can't wait to see you again on Saturday! And Erik can't wait to cuddle with Katelyn some more :-)

Matt said...

Whoops...that last comment was from Shelly, but you probably figured that out :-)

Cindy said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! Luv all the pictures! And...I think it's a tie between Katelyn and Michael regarding who's having the most fun at the park!

Kathy said...

P.S. You are an awesome Mommy to Katelyn and she's so blessed to have you!