Sunday, November 13, 2011

When Mommy and Daddy Went on a Trip...

I got spoiled by to play with my Gramma Kathy and Papa for seven whole days!! It's Katelyn here and I wanted to update the blog for my Mommy since she's "jet-lagged" (not sure what that is, but it sounds kinda fun!) 

When Mommy and Daddy were in Italy, Gramma and Papa wrote them an update email everyday with a recap of what we did that day and some photos (I'm stealing most of this content from those emails). Mommy and Daddy loved getting these! Gramma and Papa were wonderful sitters and kept me laughing a lot! They also got to help me get adjusted to daylight savings time, which apparently deserves extra kudos :)


Here's what we were up to:

- I finally started saying Gramma (which actually comes out like "Gomma") and I said it about 100 times a day for the last week. I was saving that up for a special visit and thought now was a good time for the big reveal.


- Gramma and Papa thought it was funny that I say "bless you" after someone blows their nose. Sometimes I do a fake cough and follow it up with "bless you." You should try it sometime, it's fun!


- We went to the pet store a few times and I got to admire the fish (I loved the orange and black ones), kitties, and doggies. I love going to the pet store!!


- I couldn't figure out why my Gramma's computer didn't have an apple on it, so I kept saying "apple" as I pointed to it. I think she should upgrade :)


- I like it when people sit by me in the car or at dinner. I say, "Gramma by you" or "Papa by you" if I wanted them to sit by me and they did! I love having extra company around.

- We had fun at the library one afternoon and picked out lots of new books. My favorite lately is "If You Give a Pig a Party" - I bet Gramma and Papa have that one memorized by now!


- Papa watched a lot of "bay-ball" on TV during the weekend. I kept pointing out that he was watching bay-ball, but he called it football. I didn't see anyone with a ball on their foot. Silly Papa!


- We took lots of walks (all 4 of us). Whenever Papa and Malone would get too far ahead, I reassured them by saying "I coming!" and then we'd catch up.

- Gramma and I also did lots of coloring and "sticker-ing" :)


- A couple times I said "Ron" instead of Papa. They thought that was funny.


- I loved looking for the "moo-in" in the sky at night and in the mornings. I was confused when it was hiding under the clouds and kept asking for "moe moo-in?"

- One day we went to an indoor park in Edina. It was awesome!! I bounced around on this big bouncy pillow and also rode a little car back and forth between Gramma and Papa. I can't wait to go back there again!


 

- One day we played with window stickers. It was so fun to stick them on the windows up high and down low. Sometimes when I placed one by another I said, "by you." We also had lots of tea parties. I know Papa really had fun!


- On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I went to school as usual. It was good to play with my friends. Gramma and Papa got some things done around the house, ran some errands, and probably took naps :) When they picked me up at school, I spotted them in the window and came running to them. Here is a picture of Gramma picking me up at school...


- We made cookies one day. Yummy!!


- We went to lots of parks since the weather was so nice. Papa went down the big slides with me and I liked riding on the big swing with Gramma :)


I had so much fun with Gramma and Papa - they took really good care of me! On Saturday morning, Mommy was home and I was so happy to see her. She gave me lots of hugs and kisses!



Daddy is gone until Friday on his "twip," so it will just be me, Mommy, and Malone. I am going to be extra sweet to Mommy this week :) 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Awww, such a cute post, "Katelyn." :) We had a wonderful time with you and will always remember our extra special week together. We are still saying a lot of Kate-isms around the house now that we are home. Miss you, Sweetie!

Cindy said...

Katelyn, what a fun, fun time you had with your Gramma and Papa! What special memories you created together!! Your tea party looked like lots of fun! Glad you're taking such special care of your mommy until your daddy gets home!