Monday, March 14, 2011

Mommy's Away, Katelyn and Daddy Play!

Hello all! Michael and Katelyn enjoyed an entire weekend together from Friday through Sunday. I flew to Atlanta for a girls weekend with my two best friends from high school. Tiffany (who lives in Louisville) and I surprised Heidi for her 30th birthday and it was so much fun!

Before I left, I wrote Michael a general "schedule" for Katelyn's day as well as a full menu for each of Katelyn's mealtimes; and not because I'm nuts about setting and adhering to a menu by any means, but mostly because I know Michael would've been trying to offer her one of his beloved protein shakes overwhelmed by having to figure out what to feed her. They had a great weekend which was highlighted by a trip to the Children's Museum (the water table was a hit with Katelyn) and lots and lots of book reading!


I was reminded again how wonderful modern day technology is. Michael sent me several pictures on my phone while I was away and it was a blast to see what they were up to at home. Meanwhile, I sent him a few photos of us girls while we were on our wine tour (hoping he wouldn't be too envious!).


I am so thankful to Michael for being excited about and embracing his daddy/daughter days and for being supportive of me visiting my longtime friends as we enter a new decade of friendship. Here are a few photos of our weekend in Atlanta and our wine tour in North Georgia for Heidi's birthday...


Best friends for 16 years - I love these girls!


The birthday girl and her hubby: Andres and Heidi Sandate


18 of Heidi and Andy's friends were on the wine tour (we took a bus to the North Georgia wineries about an hour and a half from Smyrna, GA where the Sandates live.) The weather was perfect and I mean perfect - 65 and nothing but sun! Let's face it, this Minnesota girl would've been thrilled with anything above 30 :) Here's a shot of all the ladies...


We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Heidi's big 3-0 and I'm so glad Tiff and I made the trip. I will, however, fully admit when the plane touched down in Minneapolis, I was giddy with excitement to see Michael and Katelyn! I missed them both like crazy.


Katelyn adores Michael and loved spending the weekend with him. And here's the proof... when Michael couldn't hold her this morning because he was on his way out the door for work, she started bawling (big, sad alligator tears!) She was reaching out for him and he did give her some hugs before sneaking out the door. All was better at that point, but I've never seen her do that before. Daddies and daughters have a special bond and these two are no exception :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Katelyn, What a fun and special weekend with Daddy! You are blessed with two wonderful parents who love you so much. I love the little curls in your hair as it is getting longer. Hugs and kisses to you, Sweetie.

Cindy said...

What a FUN weekend with your girlfriends, Missy!! Katelyn, it was so nice of you to take care of your daddy when your mommy was gone!! It's great that you kept him busy with reading and going to the Children's Museum! You and Campbell both seem to be water girls!!