Friday afternoon was Katelyn's one-year check up (I still can't wrap my brain around that!) She was a real champ through it all - even the 4 shots :( She's doing great and here are her stats:
- Height: 30" (75-90%)
- Weight: 20 lbs. 3 oz. (25-50%)
- Head circumference: 18 1/4" (75-90%)
We're in the process of weaning and since Katelyn is one now, she's able to drink cow's milk (the delicious whole varietal). Well, here's what she thinks of this new kind of milk...
Yep, this little one threw the cup right to the ground after making an ew-that-stuff-is-sick face. "Take that, milk!" Despite her best efforts to never taste it again, we'll continue to offer it at meals and hope she'll eventually drink at least some. She loves water, so perhaps that's her beverage of choice. Can't blame her given the options, I guess :)
Ever since Katelyn was an infant, people have been surprised at how expressive she is. What would ever give them that idea?
Happy Monday - here's to a great week ahead!
4 comments:
Katelyn, what a little peanut you are even though you've gained nearly 12 pounds in the past year. And those cute little faces you make are so adorable. You're always surprising us with a new expression! See you again in 5 days, Sweetie.
Good Luck with the milk! Isabelle refuses milk all the time. I try it every now and then again and she HATES it. I have loaded it with chocolate or strawberry syrup and she still thinks it is the worst ever. She drinks all water and juice once a day. :) Luckily she loves her other dairy foods :)
Katelyn, I love your little expressions. Your cousin Campbell shares your opinion on cow's milk- she's definitely not a fan either!
Missy- I can usually get Campbell to drink some milk when I mix it with yogurt. Stonyfield Farm makes whole milk toddler yogurt that she loves. I figure, twice the fat, twice the calcium when you mix it that way. ;) I don't do it with every meal, but she does like some types of cheese, broccoli, and other greens to help fill in the calcium gaps. Some of the breads and cereals we eat are calcium fortified, too. Like you, we obviously don't sweat it when she refuses milk. :)
Katelyn, LUV the fun facial expressions. You're such a little entertainer!! I could watch you make faces all day long!!
Post a Comment