Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trees Make the Best Mobiles


I have to admit, I stole the title of this post from a book I read recently, but it just seemed to be a perfect fit for describing a recent Friday afternoon: simple and peaceful.

With the temps cooling off a bit and the sun becoming less intense, Katelyn and I spent some time in our front yard under a shade tree enjoying the beautiful weather, gazing at the tree and sky above, and exploring something new: the spiky green stuff sprouting out from the ground!




When the wind picked up, it caught her by surprise and took her breath away a little bit!


Katelyn loves to sit up now and can do it quite well on her own. She was so interested in learning more about the green grass surrounding her!


Look at these little hands - don't you just love the dimpled knuckles?!

"Hmm, let me think about whether I like this grass stuff or not."


It was a wonderful afternoon outside taking in all the little wonders of the world through the eyes of a baby. Thanks for slowing down our hurried pace, Katelyn. We learn more from you than you'll ever know!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Katelyn, what a ray of sunshine you are in all of our lives! I agree with your Mama that you are teaching us to enjoy the simple pleasures in life -- big toothless smiles, squeals of joy, beautiful brown eyes, a spoon to chew on, and lying on a blanket on a sunny day! :)

Cindy said...

Katelyn, what a big girl you are sitting up on your own now!! Isn't grass an interesting thing?---pretty and green and kind of stickery!! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!