Apparently my big ol' baby belly is making a statement of its own because many strangers (all women) in public have commented on it in the last week. At Barnes and Noble: "Ooooh, a baby's almost here! When is your due date?" At Costco: "When are you due? It probably feels like tomorrow!" (Yes, she got that right - it does feel like it could be anytime.) In my office building, "Just about there, huh??"And on and on. Since none of my coats can be zipped at this point, the tummy is especially obvious! Here's a look at the statement this little girl is making already (at 36.5 weeks):
I started my weekly check-ups last week and my doctor discovered I'm already making progress and have the potential to deliver early - yikes!! (But she admitted, no guarantees :) Either way, we weren't totally ready to hear that considering we had a few important things to purchase including the car seat/stroller travel system (it would obviously be nice to get her home from the hospital and that won't happen without a car seat!). So this weekend we pretty much wrapped up the remaining items we needed and we're feeling really good about how far we've come. The nursery is almost finished and Michael's been hard at work in there (pics to come when it's done).
I forgot to mention that at the shower thrown by my girlfriends last weekend, they encouraged all guests to give us a book to help build Baby Mlakar's little library - and boy do we have a good start! Since we're short on space, we cleared out a shelf and a half from our bookcase just for her. Here are a couple photos of her books - we think at this rate, she'll be quite the literary!
To top off a nice little weekend, we're looking forward to cheering on the Vikings tonight and are hoping for a win and subsequent Super Bowl appearance. Go Vikes!!
4 comments:
Yay for progress! It won't be long now... I love your growing book collection, and I especially love that you received some Sandra Boynton books! I swear we have almost every one of her books, and they are some of my favorite to read. Campbell and I just love Barnyard Bash! You'll have so much fun reading those {over and over and over again}. :)
Looking good! I remember getting similar comments about how soon I was due; however, I was only about 5 months along, so I had to say, "not for another 4 months!" At least you're within a few weeks! Keep up the good work!
Getting so close!!! Oh and hey, did you know that the Maple Grove fire dept will check your car seat for you once it's installed to make sure it's in there right? We thought ours was secure but they proved us wrong! Just wanted to mention it in case you hadn't heard of it. :)
Definitely a basketball under there!! You are looking so good... I am sure you are uncomfortable but I bet you can see the finish line in site!
Post a Comment