Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

My wonderful friend Terri was gracious enough to throw us a shower on Saturday (get it? raining and pouring... ok, bad joke). Terri and I met at Marketing Architects when I started there almost 7 years ago (!!) and she and her husband Andy and son Owen live Maple Grove about a mile from us. All of the gals at this shower are friends of mine from Marketing Architects (my previous job) - we all worked there together and there are a handful that still work there. The shower was a great opportunity to catch up and reminisce.

New mom Rachelle just had a baby boy, Mason, in early December and we were all so happy she brought him along! He was such a great baby and didn't fuss at all as we all took turns holding him. Marcy, another expecting mom, was such a trooper! Her due date was Sunday and she was at the shower with bells on on Saturday! Still no baby news from her yet, but soon I'm sure. She's having a girl and lives in Maple Grove too, so we look forward to play dates in our future. Here are some photos of the shower fun! Terri was a wonderful hostess and I'm so grateful and humbled she did this for us :)


Terri and Marcy hard at work on the celebrity baby name game.


Fierce competition: Me, Marin, and Katie racing to finish 3 oz. of juice through a bottle made for a newborn - not an easy task!


Getting some good, last-minute holding practice in with little Mason :)


Double belly pic! Me, Marcy, and our baby girls.


All the girls and Mason - (l to r) Marin, Katie, Rachelle, me, Ann, Marcy, and Terri

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I think I need to get you a new golf umbrella since it has been pouring in Minneapolis and more rain is expected this weekend! :-) What a fun baby bottle game, and how nice to have a cute real live baby to hold!! You have awesome friends!

tschlegeld said...

Such a nice blog post! :) And I've been enjoying those left over cinnamon bun muffins all week.

Cindy said...

The baby bottle drinking game looked like LOTS of fun!!