Last Sunday, we made the drive (on the East side of the Cities about 40 minutes from our house) to Stillwater, MN, to celebrate our anniversary. We got engaged there at Water Street Inn bed and breakfast on February 26, 2005. We've talked about how it would be cool if the baby arrived a week late and made her debut on the 26th (actually, I say that now, but I'm sure I'll be more than ready when the 19th rolls around!) Anyway, it was a really nice day, so it turned out to be a great opportunity to take advantage of some warmer weather and enjoy some shopping along main street (they have all kinds of cute little shops - Michael especially likes all the antique stores, ha ha!!)
Here are two photos taken during our engagement weekend. The first is of the Stillwater Lift Bridge over the St. Croix River separating Minnesota and Wisconsin. The second is post-proposal (seriously, does the extremely white skin leave any doubt that it was February in Minnesota?!?)
Here are some photos from our Stillwater trip last weekend. There was also a land/water vehicle on display along the river (I'm sure there's a name for this thing-a-ma-jig but I don't know what it is!). It looked like a car inside and out, but had two propellers and a standard boat light on the hood. It was cool to see! We topped the day off with a delicious malt from Leo's Malt Shop, a popular stop in Stillwater. Any day that ends with a giant malt is a great day in my book :)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing these great photos and your anniversary story!! Makes me want to go to Stillwater.
Post a Comment