With lots of little things to catch up on over the last few months, but none really warranting an entire blog post, I figured the best way to recap is to share what's been on my Instagram feed recently. This may be a repeat for some of you who follow me there, but I also have quotes from the girls to feature at the end. Enjoy!
Seattle-style happy hour with the littles. Don't mind if I do!
Potty training in heels. Naturally.
(And yes, this means that Kendall is officially potty trained. Just like Katelyn right about 2 1/2, she was ready and it was really quite swift. Thankful for that!)
Hooray for a date night!
Because I always want to remember stuff wike whis… the way 2 1/2 year old Kendall replaces all "L" and "Th" words with W. Just wove her.
Lunch al fresco! In January! Sans coats! (Al fresco sounds so classy and we were totally classing it up with pizza. And a quarter-pound hot dog. At Costco.) Lunch al frescostco! :)
Things this girl, this dog, and I have never experienced in all our days on January 26… this. Warm sunshine.
Sure, I'll do another round of this. FAC. Friday afternoon cuddles.
Peace, love, and coffee-ness!
You hit, you sit. You spit, you sit. This little lady's been sitting a lot. Where did my little angel go?!
Nanoseconds before this golf ball grazed my head!! Mamarazzi job risks, I guess!
Sister shadow stilts!
He may appear tolerant, but his eyes beg "SOS! Make it stop!" Toddler with a harmonica :)
Happy Friday from me and the misdemeanors, yo!
Apparently their love language is ice cream. (Free cone day at Dairy Queen)
My own little pot of gold to close another St. Patrick's Day.
Quiet-time hooky! Off to see the Cinderella movie. I love a Kate date!
Photo documentation of the pact we just made that she will snuggle with me no matter how old she is. "I pwomise."
And I quote…
11/28/14 Katelyn - "Mom, Kendall's shouting is giving me an ear infection!" (or earache ;)
11/29/14 Katelyn - "Happy hour sounds like fun. What do we do at happy hour?"
11/30/14 Katelyn - "Oh, that's why it's called corn on the cob because that part is a cob? I always thought it was a bone."
Katelyn (for a long time) has been using the word "plogged" which is a combo of plugged and clogged. For example: "I have a cold and my nose is plogged."
Katelyn (for a long time) has been using the word "plogged" which is a combo of plugged and clogged. For example: "I have a cold and my nose is plogged."
Katelyn and Kendall love to tell knock-knock jokes, except Kendall's always start with "ding-dong!" Close enough :)
12/11/14 Katelyn (I bought some chocolate syrup to make chocolate milk for a treat) - "Mom, I'm going to have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow so I can try out the new chocolate SYRUP."
Kendall replaces all "th" and "l" words with "w." For example: "What is whis?" "What is wat?" "I wove you." And my favorite: "Why is wat where?" (Why is that there?)
1/22/15 Katelyn (I switched lanes at a stoplight in an attempt to avoid a long wait and alas got stopped by a red light anyway) - "Well, mom, that's the natural consequence." Touché, Katelyn, touché.
1/24/15 Katelyn telling me what she'd like for her birthday: "Oh, I know… a coffee maker for kids that makes real coffee!" Apparently they don't make such a thing. Darn. Thank God.
1/27/15 Katelyn after a brief wake-up at 2:30 am - "Sometimes if I see a scary face in my sheets, I punch it in the face. Good night, mom. You're special. And I like your lips." Um, wow, thank you? And also I appreciate the self-help skills/scary face tactics.
During her prayers at dinner, Kendall almost always works her way around her plate and then around the table: "Fank you, Jesus for my milk, and my pasta, and my oranges, and my sister, and my mommy, and my daddy, and Mayoney (Malone). Aaaaa-men!"
During her prayers at dinner, Kendall almost always works her way around her plate and then around the table: "Fank you, Jesus for my milk, and my pasta, and my oranges, and my sister, and my mommy, and my daddy, and Mayoney (Malone). Aaaaa-men!"
2/9/15 Katelyn - "I love Rascal Flatts (the country band). They have great songs."
Me - "Yes, I agree. They're great artists."
Katelyn - "So they're painters, too?!"
2/13/15 Katelyn (as we were discussing what Valentine's Day is all about) - "You should love yourself just like you love your friends. It's important to love yourself too." Some profound words that I hope she always remembers.
2/22/15 Kendall (after I asked her if she had any dreams last night) - "Yeah I did. I had a dream about Jesus and Elmo." Wouldn't that be an interesting one?!
4/3/15 Katelyn (we were talking about bald eagles and how they have talons) - "I know what those are. Fairies have them. Talents are like special skills." Talons, talents, same thing.
Thanks for reading and hope you're having a wonderful start of spring!
4/3/15 Katelyn (we were talking about bald eagles and how they have talons) - "I know what those are. Fairies have them. Talents are like special skills." Talons, talents, same thing.
Thanks for reading and hope you're having a wonderful start of spring!




No comments:
Post a Comment