Oh, hi! It's May 23. Kendall is now officially closer to 22 months old than 21 months old. And I'm just getting around to her 21 month-old update. Oops! I also took half of her pictures for this post with "20 months" written on her chalkboard! SOS! I'm losing it here, people!
And I got the best smiles with the 20-month board. Of course :)
See this little action...?
Kendall loves to rub her pointer finger on the middle part of her upper lip. I think it's a comfort thing. She does it many times throughout the day. Everyone has their "thang" don't they?!
Anywho, Kendall is 21 months old as of May 7. Her vocabulary has been the most significant change over the last month. She's repeating everything, attempting anything, and saying more words and phrases than I can count. Here are some of her more common words in addition to a few that make us laugh...
"dee-dee" = thank you, usually followed proactively by "ya-come" = you're welcome. She likes to say the whole she-bang herself!
"buddy" means lots of things: birdie and button most frequently, but also hits the nail on the head for buddy.
"nuff" = enough. Usually said when I'm cutting something up and putting it on her plate to eat.
"fip-ahs" = flip flops which are her new favorite footwear for the summer.
"bayoo" = balloon, another favorite treat
"sah-shee" = sorry
"Dee-doh" = Kendall
"I-wa" = Iowa and also I love you :)
"bayoo" = balloon, another favorite treat
"sah-shee" = sorry
"Dee-doh" = Kendall
"I-wa" = Iowa and also I love you :)
Several words in her vocabulary are crystal clear such as bath, eat, park, car, Elsa and Anna (from Frozen), shoes, socks, oh boy, monkey, happy, buckle, zebra, blue, and pink.
Lately, she's been repeating expressions that we say or Katelyn says. Here are her recent attempts...
"oh goy-ya" = oh golly
"yahoo daddy daddy' = our own little happy song when daddy gets home :)
"worms... eeek-eee!"
"yake-up!" = wake up
"co-yo peas?" = (May I) color please?
"whoop-eeez" = whoopsies
The other day, she pointed to ice cubes in her sippy cup (the first this season) and said, "rocks!"
When she wonders about something, she puts her palms up with an inquisitive look and says, "Daddy?" or whoever/whatever she's looking for.
Kendall is really starting to recognize shapes (heart, star, circle) and colors (blue, orange, and pink).
She's also picked up on some letters as Katelyn spells various words. Kendall knows the first three letters of her name and I'll randomly hear her saying to herself: "Kay, Eee, En..."
Kendall is wearing 2T clothes (Katelyn's hand-me-downs) as we're heading into summer. She's in size 4 diapers and is wearing size 6 shoes. She's still taking one nap a day in the afternoon and it's usually anywhere from 45-75 minutes.
Kendall's favorite things to do are blow bubbles, color, swing on swings, explore things (toy bins, drawers, or outside), stomp in puddles, play at parks, play doctor and house with Katelyn, bring her stuffed monkey (George) everywhere, and get carried around on mom's hip!
We can't believe you've been here for 21 months, Kendall! It's amazing to see how much you've grown, learned, and changed over the months - what a thrill it is! You make us laugh, you brighten our days, and you challenge us to see things from a new perspective. We love you, Kendie, and are so fortunate to have you in our family!
"yahoo daddy daddy' = our own little happy song when daddy gets home :)
"worms... eeek-eee!"
"yake-up!" = wake up
"co-yo peas?" = (May I) color please?
"whoop-eeez" = whoopsies
The other day, she pointed to ice cubes in her sippy cup (the first this season) and said, "rocks!"
When she wonders about something, she puts her palms up with an inquisitive look and says, "Daddy?" or whoever/whatever she's looking for.
Kendall is really starting to recognize shapes (heart, star, circle) and colors (blue, orange, and pink).
She's also picked up on some letters as Katelyn spells various words. Kendall knows the first three letters of her name and I'll randomly hear her saying to herself: "Kay, Eee, En..."
Kendall is wearing 2T clothes (Katelyn's hand-me-downs) as we're heading into summer. She's in size 4 diapers and is wearing size 6 shoes. She's still taking one nap a day in the afternoon and it's usually anywhere from 45-75 minutes.
Kendall's favorite things to do are blow bubbles, color, swing on swings, explore things (toy bins, drawers, or outside), stomp in puddles, play at parks, play doctor and house with Katelyn, bring her stuffed monkey (George) everywhere, and get carried around on mom's hip!

2 comments:
What a joy you are, Kendie! Papa and I love your innocent view of everything in the world around you and how you are now making your wishes known through words and expressions! Recently I was putting a barrette in your hair and it poked your head a little when it snapped into place, so you politely said "sah-shee" (sorry) for me! Ha! You're too cute!
Happy 21st month birthday, Kendall. Such a big girl you are!!
Post a Comment