Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Care for Your Pets, So They Don't Get Extinct

What have we been up to lately? Oh, you know. The normal stuff.

Like using Dad as a jungle gym... 


...and painting colorful masterpieces...


...and singing, strumming, and jamming to our heart's desire...


...and playing school with Minnie Mouse...


...and having fun...

(and apparently Katelyn is constantly wearing her princess nightgown - ha, ha!!)

...and savoring the very first signs of springtime. Ahh...


...and smooching... borderline constant smooching...


~~~

Here are some of Katelyn's recent zingers: 

"Ow! I just hit my el-bone."

"Why is it when some people talk their slobber spits out?" (Eeek! Glad she didn't ask the offender him/her self!)

"God can do anything. Anything! He takes away our sins AND our hiccups!"

"I think they should call it 'kiddergarten' because it's for kids!"

"We need to take care of our pets so they don't get extinct like dinosaurs."

"I adore your new shirt, Mom." (Fancy Nancy, some of our favorite books, uses fancy words like adore :)

"My heart just bubbles over! That's how Jesus feels about us." (Amen, sister. I love this truth. I think she learned it at church.)

"Tomorrow is the first day of spring, so that means all the snow will be gone when we wake up!" Oh, how I wish that's how it worked.

After I tucked her into bed one night, she called me back in and said, "I just have one more question to ask you. Are you Russian?" Ummm, where does she get this stuff?! So funny!!

~~~

A couple weeks ago, Beth and I hosted a bridal shower for our wonderful friend Katie. It was so fun to plan and once the day arrived, it was a blast to celebrate our favorite bride-to-be! 


Kendall was overjoyed on Friday when Papa and "Gaga" (as she says) pulled into the driveway as we were blowing bubbles. It was so cute! She had fun trying on Papa's readers, too :)


We hit up the Children's Museum on Saturday...


And Kendall loved spending time with Gaga all weekend, can you tell?


With our favorite babysitters in town, Michael and I enjoyed a night out together. We made a New Year's resolution for monthly date nights - so far we are 2 for 3. Not bad, but still room to improve. As always, it was great to enjoy drinks, dinner, and conversation - just the two of us. Love this guy!


Hope you enjoyed the updates and recent pictures. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

We loved the Children's Museum and watching the girls explore there! Thanks for inviting us. These Kate quotes are too funny...."el-bone" and "kiddergarten" make perfect sense to me!

Cindy said...

Katelyn, you're such a wise little one with all of your sayings!! Kendall, aren't puddles of water the best fun!!