Drumroll please!
Meet the boy who has stolen our hearts...
Our nephew and cousin (and newest Bears fan)...
Miles Valentine Mlakar, born January 8. God's masterpiece! And beloved Big Papa Howard (Valentine) Mlakar's namesake.
We cannot wait to meet and love on this precious boy!
~~~
Here are some recent Instagram pictures and captions, as well as a few additional photos, for your enjoyment...
Three generations at the movie "Frozen" followed appropriately by ice cream!
This thing's a tease.
Brusha, brusha, brusha!
Some serious decibels going on right now. TGIF!
Missed church because of this. I think God will understand.
My Minne-SNOW-ta sweeties!
Happy birthday, Uncle Wy!
Crazy hair, don't care.
Snowed in twinsies.
Winter fun with neighbor friends!
Cheering on the Hawks in their bowl game. (The one in our house who buys the clothes is a Cyclone. Hence, girls wearing dad's oversized Hawkeye t-shirts!)
Hello, ladies...
~~~
Katelyn and Kendall (!) have said some funny and memorable things lately. We'll start with Kendie...
"Bye! Bye-bye! Bye!" - said every time I'm leaving her room after I put her down for a nap or at night.
And that's a wrap for Kendall's ;) This time around anyway!
Now for Katelyn's quotes...
"When I was a kid, this was my favorite song."
"This is how you make applesauce soup. Start with beans, add in lots of cheese, squeeze in some lemons (that makes it sour-ey), then add some milk, and there's also pistachios." (Apparently there's not a single apple in applesauce soup. And don't you love 'sour-ey'? Things can be spicy and savory, so why not sour-ey?!)
"Hear this, dad..." - her way of saying 'listen to this.'
Katelyn got her first paper cut a couple weeks ago and she kept calling it a "finger cut." Indeed, her finger was cut, not the paper :)
At bedtime, I said, "I love you to the moon and back, Kate" and she responded with, "I love you to the moon... wait, I can't go to the moon, mommy."
"I broke my nickels. I broke my nickels!" - aka "cracked my knuckles"
Me: "Tell me about your day at preschool, Kate!"
Katelyn: "It's a long story, mom."
Mmmm-kay....
"When I grow up, I want to be a princess or a business woman. I will probably be a business woman though. I will work downtown with daddy. We will ride the bus together. And be busy with our business."
I just love and adore this sweet family I've been blessed with!!













1 comment:
These photos and quotes are priceless! And sweet baby Miles is so precious.
Post a Comment