Whew, what day is it? It's mid-June already?! It's been a whirlwind around here! The weather is finally summer-like which means tons of outdoor time, Katelyn began swimming lessons and gymnastics last week, Michael's been a traveling man for work heading to Chicago and then New Jersey/New York, he also got promoted and began a new job at Target (way to go, honey!), I had a birthday, both grammas had birthdays, we had some very special visitors, and this past weekend we enjoyed a 4-day stay at a beautiful bed and breakfast in Iowa with my immediate family (plus aunt, uncle, and cousins - more to come on that). Oh and Father's Day was in there too. But what's summer without all that fun stuff anyway?! Here are some photos, Kate quotes, and recaps on what we've been up to lately. Enjoy!
Kendall is almost always awake to see Daddy off to work in the mornings :)
Got any cheese?! Kendall loves cheese slices (and the Hawkeyes!)
Reunited and it feels so good! (With our favorite parks after the winter hiatus, that is.) We have had many play dates at the park with friends and MOMS Club.
On June 8, I had a birthday. Aren't Saturday birthdays especially great?! I enjoyed some blissful "me time" (a facial - ahh...), some wonderful family time (cake, games, and outdoor fun), and ended the day with "just us" time - a date night with Michael (wonderful dinner followed by a nightcap drink). We joked that we're 1 for 6 on our New Year's resolution of a monthly date night! But hey, at least we're on the board now! And it was just what we needed.
This image brought me a smile one day... indeed a moment that made me stop and give thanks.
We've been through countless sticks of sidewalk chalk already this summer. This wagon road covered the whole driveway complete with stop and yield signs. (Chalking it was the best workout I've had in months!)
One raining morning, we just relaxed together talking about what we could do that day. Love this armful of girls!
Katelyn and Kendall are interacting constantly these days - it's a joy to see!
Aunt Ronda, Uncle Joel, and Gigi stopped by one afternoon on their way up to Northern Minnesota. We're so glad they visited and all of us girls had fun playing with them!
Katelyn has had some zingers lately in the quote department:
- Examining a little scratch on her ankle: "Maybe my bone is broked or something..."
- "Here's my point, Daddy..." Oh. Boy. She's only 3.
- Looking at some weeping willows: "Wow, look at those hairy trees!"
- Kate was in her room for quiet time and heard Kendall making noise downstairs. Through the monitor, I heard: "Kendall, can you say "dada"?" I've also heard her scold Malone through the monitor for barking, "No barking, Walone. No!" (That's another thing - she calls him "Walone" :)
- We've been reading a book with dinosaurs in it and ever since, she refers to "dinosaur rex" instead of tyrannosaurus rex. Can't blame her really ;)
- "May I please have some college cheese?"
- I think I've mentioned before that Katelyn interchanges the words "give" and "bring" sometimes. The other day, we were trying to fix a toy of hers and we weren't sure it would work or not but said we'd definitely give it a try. She responded with, "Yeah! Let's bring it a shot, Daddy! We can bring it a shot!"





3 comments:
That side walk chalk is amazing!! My first thought when I saw that was "Wow...all that bending over...what a workout!!" Hee hee. Your girls are so cute. I can't wait to see them tomorrow!!! And great job getting out for a date. Isn't is difficult??
Love the cute pics with Gigi, Ronda and Joel, and of course Katelyn's latest quotes. I like college cheese too!! :)
Wait... no more candy bars Michael? Way to go on the promo!! Can I just tell you that those girls are seriously polar opposites in the looks departments. They really couldn't be more different but gorgeous in their own ways! I keep meaning to tell you but there are times when I look at my own daughter and see Katelyn when she was younger...weird?
Post a Comment