We will be a family of four within 18 days. Wowza! It seems surreal to say that! (And don't you like how I'm going ahead with the assumption that I won't be a day overdue? I hope the baby hears me.)
Last week, I got a surprise peek at the baby. When I was in for my 37-week appointment, the doctor couldn't quite tell if the baby was in the head down position, so she wanted to confirm that with a brief ultrasound. Indeed, he/she is head down. And has a nice round, chubby cheek and lovely looking ear ;)
Here are a few tidbits discovered during the preview. This babe ...
- has "a lot of hair" according to the technician
- is overall measuring about a week ahead of his/her due date
- weighed in at approximately 7 lbs. 1 oz. at 37 weeks
(gaining 1/2 pound a week, may put it near 9 lbs at 40 weeks - oye!!)
- has especially long femur bones (the tech said, "your husband must be tall!")
- has chubby little fingers (one of the images showed a hand resting against a cheek)
- is very active as he/she was wiggling around during the ultrasound
It sure was fun to have an impromptu sneak peek!
Another thing growing besides the baby is his/her book collection. My office spoiled us with a special lunch and a "baby book shower" last week. So unexpected and gracious, especially considering my colleagues know I will be staying home after the baby arrives. Check out these goodies!
My office is also doing a baby pool to guess the birth date, time, and gender. Out of about 25 guesses, not a single one has been made in July. The August guesses range from August 1 to August 17. (Trust me, I've had words with the cold-hearted August 17 guesser! ;)
Knowing that our time is ticking until baby #2 arrives, Michael and I decided to take advantage of a free Saturday night last weekend. We hired our favorite neighbor girl to babysit Katelyn, made dinner reservations, and enjoyed a great date night. It's probably our last one for awhile, so we savored it!
There you have it; a few baby-related updates for now. Of course the biggest update is still to come, so stay tuned!



4 comments:
So fun you got a sneak peak and your baby! Love all the hair and cubby little cheeks! Still guessing boy since it seems to be a big baby. :) You look adorable as well! Relax and enjoy the last couple weeks (or days!) as a family of 3 (4 plus Malone!) :)
It's getting SO close! Papa and I cannot wait to see this little one and hold him/her in our arms! Hang in there, Mama (and Daddy too)! I think it's gonna be a "biiig one!"
Missy, you look as cute as ever! Can't wait to hear....no doubt another adorable Mlakar on the way!!! :)
BARB
That's a very cute ear and chubby cheek on baby Mlakar. Can't wait til he/she is here! You look adorable, Missy!
Post a Comment