Wait. Whaaa is this all about? →→→→→→→→→
A couple observations about our wonderful little boy/girl poll (which, by the way, has been so fun to follow :)
1) As of Monday night, it's split 50/50 for boy/girl. For awhile, boy was in the lead; then girl took over; and now it's a tie. It's anybody's guess and in less than 2 months we'll know for sure! That brings me to my next point....
2) The time is absolutely FLYING. When I set up the poll, I remember choosing August 10 as the date that it would "close for voting" (wishful thinking that I don't go into labor too late :) Since then, I've watched the "days left to vote" go from the 120's to the 90's to now all of a sudden the 60's, 50's, oh my we're into the 40's, people. Cray-zee!
~~~
I realize I'm way overdue for a pregnancy update - that will come soon. Hopefully before the "He/She's here!" post, but at this rate, no promises. Eek! For now, here's a look into what we were up to last week...
Katelyn had her regular 6 month check-up on her bottom, front tooth and they ended up doing a cleaning and exam this time too (her first "official" one). She did great! With Elmo in hand, she opened wide and especially liked the pink flower sunglasses and special chair that moved up and down. And of course the best part was the new Disney princess toothbrush, two stickers, and no cavities :)
After the teeth cleaning, we continued with our "glam-o-rama day" which included an outfit with built-in, blingy necklaces...
pink toesies...
and even pink fingernails!
Katelyn was so excited to show everyone (Daddy, teachers and friends at school, even Malone!) her "pretty pink fingers and toes." Have you ever heard of Piggy Paint? It's brilliant actually. Little kids finger nail polish that's - as they say - "as natural as mud." I have a feeling purple and blue might be in our future in addition to pink. And so it begins... :)
On Wednesday a college friend of mine, Lacey, was up from Iowa for a work conference. Katie and I met her out for dinner and we had a blast catching up. The three of us not only were in the same pledge class at Gamma Phi, but we also studied abroad together in Wales nearly 11 years ago (wow, how times have changed!)
Lacey is due with her second baby around July 11, so here's a belly bump picture at 7.5 months and 8.5 months. Neither of us know what's a'cookin inside so we both have surprises ahead! I'm lucky to have such wonderful friends to journey alongside as we navigate motherhood.
On Sunday, we got out the Radio Flyer and worked on some tricycle riding skills. And I have to say, this little biker's good! She maneuvers forward and backward with ease, but sometimes gets stumped on how to start going forward after going backward for several "pedals."
Following in the footsteps of Daddy and Gramma Kathy, RAGBRAI might be in her future!
And a few recent Kate quotes to wrap up this post...
- "This is the 'sfine, Mommy. The s-f-ine." (Pointing to the spine of a book.)
- Katelyn: "The baby coming out in AUG-ust?"
Me: "Yes, hopefully in August, when he or she is ready to be born."
Katelyn: "How my dooDAT?" (Her way of saying, "how do I do that?")
Oh, here we go!
- Lots of our conversations go on for a loooong time and they're all strung together with one simple word: "WHY?" and sometimes two: "BUT WHY?" and sometimes this phrase: "BUT HOW MY DOODAT?"
- "I'm going to write my name riiight here. Right in da co-no of da paper." And she proceeds to "write" her name in the very corner of the page - as I'm sure she's seen the teachers do at school several times a day.
- Probably a result of many people asking her if the baby is going to be a boy or a girl, but several times a day, she'll ask if certain people are a boy or a girl. "Is Malone a boy? He's a big boy." "Is Miss Cheryl a boy?" "Is Kennedy a girl?" "Is Miller a boy?" "Is Emerson a girl?" "Is Ben a girl?"
Katelyn definitely keeps us laughing and engaged through our conversations and observations. This really is such a fun age!








3 comments:
We love Piggy Paint, Missy! It's the best. I am laughing at Katelyn's "But how my doodat?" questions. So adorable! You still look great, and I too cannot believe how fast time is going. Just wait until s/he is here. I think everything seems to go so much faster with the second baby!
Katelyn, we're excited to see your pretty fingers and toes this weekend and help Mama and Daddy answer some of the why questions! :) See you soon, Sweetie!!
Katelyn, you are quite the "glam" girl!! Luv the piggy paint! It's so fun to read about the words you use and ALL of the questions you ask. It's complicated to figure out the world when you're 2!
Post a Comment