Hello! I'm thinking we're due for a pregnancy update here and a couple pictures of the ever-growing baby bump. A lot of people ask me how this pregnancy compares to Katelyn's and an overarching theme that has surprised me about this pregnancy is just how different it has been.
Early on there were some basic similarities, but the food cravings and aversions were different. And beginning around week 17, I began to feel some physical differences as well - achy joints, slow to rise from a seated position, waddling instead of walking (already?!) and some pretty intense low back pain (I even had to buy a belly support belt to help alleviate some of it). With Katelyn, I didn't experience any of that until the final few weeks. Physically, this pregnancy seems to be more demanding on me - probably because I'm keeping up with and (at times) toting a toddler in addition to an extra 16 pounds (with plenty more on the way)!
Another noticeable difference is the activity level of this baby - it's doing all sorts of kicking, squirming, nudging, and all-around crazy acrobatics... consistently throughout the day: morning, noon, and night! Katelyn was most active in the mornings (I'd notice her movements during my commutes to work) and right as I'd climb into bed at night. Michael has enjoyed feeling the baby move too - sometimes even seeing my tummy jolt into activity! I love the movement as a steady reminder of the life going on inside me, but I must admit, it does make me wonder if this little one is going to be a high-energy Leo (July 22 - August 22) like Daddy!
Lastly, I feel a lot bigger much sooner this time around (which is not uncommon, but still surprised me). Some of the maternity clothes I wore with Katelyn are simply out of the question this time around. They're a little too snug or too short to cover this expanding mid-section!
Given all the differences, Michael and I both think that this little one might be a boy, but I know several people who have had markedly different pregnancies with with same gender, so who knows?! For now, we're simply content and grateful for this wonderful, bouncy, growing blessing, who at 24 weeks is tipping the scale at over a pound and measures about 12 inches long. ♥


4 comments:
Looking good, littla mama! Only 3+ months to go til we meet Baby Mlakar! ((hugs))
Love the bump watch!!! I voted pink for you a few weeks ago, but now I'm thinking BOY. For some reason, I think you'll have one of each!!! Xoxo
Missy, you look so adorable as always! Still thinking a little boy! :)
Missy, you look wonderful! So glad to hear the little guy??? is growing and active! She??? will be here before you know it!!
Post a Comment