Friday, October 14, 2011

Drumroll, please....

Thank you, Katelyn, for fulfilling the request...


(Little drummer girl playing Uncle Jason's drums during our recent visit!)


Drumroll......

On Monday morning, Katelyn tinkled in her potty chair for the first time! (Photo taken a few seconds after this achievement :)


Here's the play-by-play (because I know your day would not be complete without it :)...

Katelyn: "Potty, potty, potty. Pee pee."
Me: "Oh, you need to use your potty?"
Katelyn: (very matter-of-factly) "Yes."
Me: "Okay, here we go. Let's sit on your potty."
sitting for about 30 seconds
All of a sudden a celebratory song begins playing from the "throne" - this is a special potty chair, I tell ya! (Full disclosure, I actually forgot this chair plays a tune when she goes potty, so I was as surprised as she was at first.)
Katelyn: (jaw drops and eyes are as big as buckeyes at the sound of the song)
Me: "Yay, Katelyn!! Good job!"
Katelyn: "Again? Song? Again?"

She used it one other time this week when home with Michael, so he got to celebrate with her too. We're really just in the introductory stage of the potty chair and aren't using it consistently, but more just familiarizing her with it and letting her tell us when she wants or needs to use it. But there's only one first time success story from the potty, so there ya have it!

Katelyn also said her first four-word sentence this week. We were coloring and she dropped a crayon, reached down, picked it up, and said, "I gawd it, Mama!"

Katelyn surprises us everyday and these were a couple zingers worth sharing!

(On a side note, Katelyn is slowly recovering from pneumonia. She stayed home from school all week and we're hoping she'll be good as new after a weekend of R&R&S - rest, relaxation, and snuggles :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Katelyn, what a big girl you are going on the potty!! Papa and I had so much fun seeing you this weekend and loved hearing all your new words and phrases.

Cindy said...

Katelyn, way to make that potty chair sing!! You make one amazing looking drummer girl! Your second cousin Patrick is proud to have another drummer in the family!