Monday, April 11, 2011

Little Miss Curly Q

It sure feels good to be able to do this again...


Over the weekend, we took 4 walks. It was glorious! On Friday, Katelyn and I met my friend Kelly and her son, Miller (who's a month older than Katelyn), for a walk at a nearby park - it was sunny and beautiful! Here was a fleeting moment when these two cuties were not walking all over the place...


Have I mentioned Katelyn's curls? They seem to be getting curlier by the day. I think these little beauties come from Michael's side - he, Aunt Jennifer, and Gramma Debbie all have wavy hair and Uncle Jason has all-out curls. Gramma Kathy also has curls, so it could be a combo of both sides, I guess. It sure is fun to see how the gene pool blends!



Now, more than ever, Katelyn seems to be learning new things literally overnight. She's been a little parrot lately and likes to repeat things we say. She'll also point to objects and say (or at least try to say) the word. Some of her recent words are shoe, toes, sock, baby, dog, duck, and bubbles (I was shocked last week when we played outside for a bit and I got out the bubbles. I asked, "Can you say bubbles?" and she said, "Bah-boohs!")

YoToddler yogurt continues to be one of her favorite things to eat. She points to the little container, which has a picture of a toddler on it, and says, "Baay-bee!"



Is there anything cuter than little toesies?!


Katelyn was busy talking on the phone all weekend* - she has the phone up to her ear a lot. When she sees our phones, she points to it and holds her hand up to her ear. The girl is making associations left and right - the day she points to a Target shopping bag and says "Mama!" we may have to make some lifestyle changes ;) 

(* = in 14 years, this statement may indeed be accurate, which is a somewhat scary thought.)



Wishing you all a great week filled with fresh air and sunshine!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Katelyn, I love your curls! (Just a little warning--some days you will like them and other days you may not!) It's so cute how you and Miller are checking each other out at the park. :) It's hard to believe you sat still long enough for a photo! Have fun outdoors this week!!

Cindy said...

LUV your curls, Katelyn! Isn't phone talkin' just the best!!