Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Favorite Toy + BBQ Season

Well, I'm not sure if it counts as a toy, because it features about 14 different toys (stimulation overload? for me it would be!) But we got Katelyn an Exersaucer last weekend and she absolutely loves it! We weren't sure if she would like it right away, but we knew she was in need of something where she could "stand" upright as she loves to do that while we're holding her. Here she is becoming acquainted with the Exersaucer (you'll notice we have to use a blanket to fill in the seat a little bit so she fits better)...









She loves bouncing up and down in the Exersaucer and giggles a lot when she's in it. So far it appears her favorite toy from all the options is the cell phone... uh oh.

We've gotten together with friends lately for several BBQ's - gotta love this time of year! Katelyn's been quite the socialite coming along for all kinds of gatherings. She usually takes in the scene, enjoys being held by new friends, and eventually falls asleep. Here are some photos from recent fun!

Katie and Katelyn

Katelyn and her buddy Cooper

Lounging on Katie's lap - we thought it was so funny she had her hands behind her head. "Make myself at home, you say? Don't mind if I do!"

Owen is getting some baby practice with Katelyn... he's going to be a big brother in December! He's giving her a hug in this picture - tilting his head toward hers.

Owen giving Katelyn "knucks" 

Aww, he's really warming up to her now :)

Terri and Owen enjoying dessert.

Sleepy girl - this is usually how every night out ends up. Katelyn loves cuddling - we love it too!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Katelyn, can't wait to see you play in your exersaucer! It looks like your hair isn't as "sticky-uppy" as it had been. So cute! Luv you, Dolly!

Kristin said...

Such cute pictures, Missy! I love the last one of you and Katelyn. There's nothing better than those little cuddles. :)

Cindy said...

Katelyn, you're so cute in your exersaucer!! One month from today you and Campbell will be together again. Perhaps you can smile at each and have some baby chat time!! See you soon!

Cindy said...

OOPS! I changed my name on Campbell's blog to Grandma Cindy and now I see it's also using that name on your blog. You can't have too many grandmas, can you? I'll see if I can figure out how to change this!