We had a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday - my first official one! Here's what it included: delicious breakfast made by Michael, my fave coffee drink from Caribou, church, spending time with Katelyn and Michael, a family walk, a nap, a sweet Mama's Day card, a gift, and a DQ Blizzard. Perfect!
Michael and Katelyn were so very generous. They got me a gift from Tiffany's for Mother's Day/Katelyn's birth - it's a sterling silver necklace with a cursive, lower-case "k" on it accented with a few small diamonds. Michael is especially excited about the sentimental value of this gift in that one day I could pass it down to Katelyn. (Unfortunately, the necklace is on backorder, so I don't physically have it but I'll have to post photos when it arrives!) It was a lovely day with perfect weather and I feel so blessed to be a mom to such a happy, healthy, and peaceful baby girl! Here's a photo of us getting ready for our walk.
Katelyn got her first piece of mail this week from her sweet (and only) cousin Jack. Carly said he did this unprompted and all on his own. We have it displayed on the fridge. Check it out - too darn cute!
Today was our last Mom and Baby class at the hospital. I remember at the first class that I still had half of my maternity leave left - I swear the last 6 weeks have literally gone by in the blink of an eye! Some of us went to lunch after class and plan to get together again soon. It was a great experience and I learned a lot from the other moms - I'm very happy we signed up for it.
Katelyn with the class facilitator, Laurie (she also taught the Birth and Parenting class that Michael and I took in December)
All the moms and babies (bottom L-R): me and Katelyn, JJ and Dylan, Alycia and Jackson, Sarah and Sydney. (top L-R): Sara and Owen, Chris and Baur, Kendra and Kendall, Kelly and Evan, Patti and Daniella.
All the babies together - 4 girls and 5 boys. (Katelyn is kinda falling out of the circle - oops!)
Here are some other photos taken this week...
Oh so serious! Katelyn is starting to really grasp on to things that we place in her hands. Here she is with Sophie the giraffe - it's a popular teething toy.
Bath baby!
Happy to be cuddling with Daddy
... and Daddy's happy too! :)
My parents came up for a day visit on Tuesday.
She loves those fists in the air!
Just doin' some dance moves.
Looking a little sheepish showing her bloomers!
Found her feet recently!

3 comments:
Katelyn, We had so much fun seeing you on Tuesday! You are such a happy and content little dolly. See you again soon!
Katelyn- Your cousin Campbell LOVES her Sophie the giraffe, too. It's such a fun toy!
Missy- The necklace sounds beautiful!! I can't wait to see pictures of it. Good job, Michael!! :)
What a wonderful first mother's day! Baby, Blizzard, and baubles -- couldn't be better!
Post a Comment