Hi all! Hard to believe it's February - I remember thinking throughout this pregnancy that "February 2010" seemed soooo far away... well, suddenly, here it is and it's already day 4 of the month! The baby's due date is still 2/19, but my doctor is pretty confident we'll get to meet baby Mlakar before then - according to her, "She could really arrive any time at this point." WOW!! Exciting, scary, exhilarating, and nerve-wracking all at the same time. I'm starting to get rather uncomfortable, so I can tell we're getting there! Here's a photo at 38 weeks - I know it looks like a basketball under my dress, but I swear it's not ;)
We did quite a bit of work on the nursery - which is a 2-for-1 nursery and guest room. Michael was the leader of putting this room together and I'm so grateful for his hard work. He and my dad were the assemblers of the crib and changing table. He also replaced the light fixture in the room and added a dimmer switch for it - impressive in my book! He assembled and hung the valance and bar, helped paint the room, and re-designed the closet. Whew! Thankfully, these projects were done over the course of several weeks. We think the room turned out great considering the "dual-purpose" arrangement. The nursery bedding is pink, black, and white and then we carried the black and white theme into the guest bedroom side as well. The pack and play is set up in our bedroom (since it's also the bassinet) and the glider/ottoman combo will be in the loft area. Here are some photos:
We have the initials framed above the crib and changing table, but I blurred them out in these photos (sneaky, sneaky!!) We'll announce the name when she's here (and if we happen to change our minds upon seeing her, we'll have to get new initials for the frames :)
Top of changing table with supplies organizer.
Crib with toy bin on the floor.
This cute little cross was in my bedroom for years growing up and we thought it would be cool to have in her nursery too.
This one shows the new light fixture.
Thanks for reading and we'll keep you posted on any progress!
4 comments:
It better not be a basketball under your dress, or we'll be very disappointed! The nursery looks great!! We hope to try out the guest room side very soon!!
I love the way the nursery turned out. So pretty! These next few weeks are just going to be amazing for you. Chris and I are SO excited for you and Michael. :)
what the heck is that under your shirt??!? a GLOBE??! or is it a BEESHBALL!!
No offense though.. you look like you're going to burst!!
Can't wait to meet 'maude mayweather mlakar'!
It DOES look like a basketball!! We can't WAIT to hear about baby Mlakar's arrival!! Your nursery is just adorable. AND it sounds like Michael is quite the handy man!! Dimmer switch -- Uncle RJ is very impressed!! Maybe they could go into business together!! How sweet to have your cross in her nursery now. Great idea!! Hang in there these last few days! The prize at the end of all of the discomfort is SO worth it!! :-)
Post a Comment